Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Finally a new post :)

Hello Everyone!

I haven't posted in about 8 months so I guess I have a lot of catching up to do! This post may be filled with a few typos or weird wording because I'm typing it all with my left hand while sitting in an infusion center being pumped with steroids :)

So I'm just going to post about what has been happening over the past few months and I'll post pictures later. So in March and April we began seriously house hunting. I have of course been house hunting for over a year, but we finally decided that we couldn't stand the apartment any longer and our baby Henry needed a yard to play in. We looked on HAR.com a lot and drove around The Woodlands and Conroe looking at different neighborhoods and kind of getting a feel of what we liked. We probably toured 10-20 different houses until we finally found "the one"! After much negotiating and losing the house twice (I don't think the builders representative liked the fact that David was representing us as our real estate agent and he received a percentage back from the sale that she probably would normally receive), it was finally ours!

Mid April I started having more MS symptoms. I eventually had numbness and tingling from mid-back to my toes and severe headaches before I could get into the doctor. The MRI showed that I had at least 2 new active lesions (so now 13 lesions total- yuck!). I was put on steroids for 4 days. And on my last day of steroids (April 29th)...

We left on a cruise with our friends Jeremy McDonald and Lauren Hanes! We had so much fun! I was definitely a little out of it the first few days (Psychosis is a side effect of those steroid treatments and at one point I wanted to jump over the rail into the gulf- seriously!) But on day 3 or so I began to feel more normal. We went on one of the new ships the Magic for 7 days! Our stops were Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. This trip was much needed. I really didn't realize how much I needed a break until we actually got on the boat. It was awesome! In Jamaica we just walked around town for like 30 min. and then we actually just went back to the boat. After David being asked if we wanted the by drugs 10x in 10 minutes we were ready to go back. So we went back to the boat and played in the water park (we were like the only people on the ship so that was a lot of fun!). Lauren and Jeremy went to i think they were called the Durango falls this day and they said they had so much fun. The next day we were in Grand Cayman. David and I went on a cool snorkeling trip and Lauren and Jeremy did a turtle trip. On our snorkeling trip we were taken to 2 sites: a shipwreck and a coral reef. We saw a lot of neat fish. After the snorkeling we went back to the ship and changed, went to eat at Margaritaville, and then did some shopping! The next day we were in Cozumel. The 4 of us all stayed together at this port and we did some shopping and ate fajitas at a Mexican restaurant. David ad said that he wanted to get me a piece of jewelry to remember the trip so I decided that I wanted a piece of Tanzanite (of course bc it's purple!). So we shopped around until I found an amazing Tanzanite necklace. David bought it for me and we were entered into a drawing because we made a purchase. And I won the drawing! So we got a $300 dollar credit! Then I got a pretty Tanzanite ring to match my necklace :) The whole trip was so wonderful! We did lots of fun stuff on the boat too: comedy shows, putt putt, playing penny slot machines, watching crazy people, watching david play black jack, playing bingo, ate a lot of good food, and had so much fun with Jeremy and Lauren! Pictures to follow!

We closed on our house May 10th...

May 11th my baby brother Eric graduated from Texas A&M! I was so excited for him and such a proud sister! We drove up to College Station that morning, sat through the 4 hour ceremony (I forgot how incredibly long those are!) and then went to dinner. It was a lot of fun! Pictures to come!

Then we moved into our house May 12th! Pictures to come!

So since then we've been doing a lot of decorating and furniture buying. David has been enjoying doing all of the manly outdoor stuff. We absolutely love our neighborhood! David in particular because we have 2-7 deer in our yard every night. It's just a very comfortable, relaxed neighborhood. Amazing! We are so blessed!

David turned 28 on June 20th (he's old!). He was very spoiled this year! I took him to a surprise restaurant downtown called Rainbow Lodge and it was awesome! It was decorated like a rustic hunting lodge and the food was sooo good! David had buffalo tenderloin and I had my usual...chicken :) I got him his BBQ grill that he has been dreaming about since we moved in. We went to pick it up at Lowes and he could choose to have them to put it together or they would give it to him the box and he could put it together himself. So of course he wanted to put it together himself :) I'm ready for him to make me some chicken!

And now to the present... I'm currently being pumped with steroids because I began to have some MS issues with my right eye about a week and a half ago. I have a lot of pressure behind my eye, pretty bad headaches, and pain with any eye movement. Not too much fun. This has been kind of discouraging since I just had steroids a little over a month ago. I think the side effects are the hardest to deal with: severe fatigue, my body feeling like it's on fire, I feel really angry and not really in control of my emotions, and just generally out of it. At least I haven't tried to jump off a boat or anything like that yet :)

So that kind of catches everyone up with whats all been happening lately. I'll do a post with a bunch of pictures later. Probably tomorrow when I'm sitting here being injected for 2 hours :)

Hope everyone is having a fabulous summer!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry my friend about the ms symptoms and the steroids. You and are in our prayers. I hope good times and good news will be on their way to you both soon. Let us know if we can bring food by or help as you are going through your treatments. Love, christy pope

    ReplyDelete