There are so many things that I could write about in this post but I think I will make just one big list. So here is a list of what all went on in our lives this year in bulleted form.
- In January our church created a "Newly Married" class. This class has been such an awesome thing for us! It is so great to be able to fellowship and make great friends with couples that are pretty much in the exact same phase of life
- David took me on a weekend getaway to Austin in January to see Wicked! It was the 2nd time for me to see it but I could really see it over and over again. I absolutely love Broadway musicals and I cry each time I see one because I love them so much! (I'm weird, I know)
- Henry turned 1 year old in March and we had a birthday party for him! My dad, my brother and my Momo and De came over to our apartment and Henry got presents and we even got him a cake. Once again, I know this sounds so weird but he's my baby! And he is the cutest and sweetest puppy ever!
- In late April I had an MS relapse. My arms and legs went pretty much completely numb and I was having a lot of motor issues. I went in to the doctor, had a 4 hour MRI and she said I had new active lesions in my brain. I was put on oral steroids and slowly the lesion's symptoms started to go away. But the oral steroids made me crazy! I was very impulsive and easily agitated. Not good feelings. But I was back to myself after a few days. David was so awesome during all of this. He has this great way of ignoring the crazy :)
- In late April-early May we went on a cruise with our friends Lauren and Jeremy. I took my last dose of steroids the morning we left for the cruise so the first few days were a little rough because I felt crazy. We went on the Canival Magic and stopped in Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We had so much fun! And we want to go to Alaska next!
- In May my brother Eric graduated from A&M! We are so proud of him! It was exciting to watch him walk across the stage :)
- In May we also bought our 1st house! We absolutely love it and we've had so much fun decorating/buying furniture and just having a home. I feel like at our apartment (and every apartment I've lived in throughout college) I've never felt like it was "home". But this house definitely feels like home. We are having so much fun decorating/buying new furniture. And Henry likes it so much better than the apartment because there's so much room for him to play, and he loves the big backyard. Our house projects for the new year are extending the cabinets/counters in the kitchen, buying office furniture, having built-ins built in the office, and painting! We have the paint color for our bedroom and breakfast nook- it's like a blue-ish green, and David got me this amazing purple paint for the laundry room- I'll take purple paint wherever I can get it :)
- In June David turned 28. He's so old! He got an amazing BBQ grill that sits proudly on our back porch. I took him to the Rainbow Lodge in Houston for a surprise dinner. If you are ever looking for a place to eat in Houston, I definitely recommend it! It's like fine dining meets the outdoors. The decor is like a chic hunting lodge and the menu is all different types of game. David had buffalo tenderloin (awesome!) and I had chicken (I know, weird again but I have the of a 5 year old and I like my chicken).
- In late June I had another MS relapse. This time the lesion that was active in my brain caused issues with my right eye. I felt constant pressure in my right eye and anytime I looked any direction it hurt. A lot. Especially when I looked to the right.So I had to have 5 days of steroid infusions. I kept working, but I just went into the hospital during lunch for an hour. The infusions were horrible and after finishing the infusions, I began having awful side effects. Over the next week or so, I continued to have medically-induced panic attacks. The doctors said that panic attacks are a side effect of the high dosage of steriods that I was given. My body/brain just basically freaked out. So scary. (Sorry that bullet was REALLY long!)
- My Birthday was in August and I turned 26 :) I love my birthday! David took me to San Antonio and we stayed on the Riverwalk. There was such a big storm that the river actually came up so high that the bottom floor of our hotel flooded. Thankfully we were on the 6th or 7th floor.
- Hunting season began in September and I became a widow. Not really! David actually hasn't hunted as much this season as he has in the past. But I guess the season isn't over yet :)
- The most incredible husband ever bought me tickets to go see Beauty and the Beast the broadway muscial when it came to Houston in September. I was so excited I couldn't stand it! Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie and I've always wanted to see the musical. So David took me to dinner at Pappadeaux's and then to the show. I cried of course. I loved it so much!
- My Aunt Clairice and Uncle Glenn gave me and David UT tickets and we went to see the UT vs. West Virginia game in September. Then in October, Kristen and I went to see the UT vs. Baylor game. Both were sooooo much fun! I love being in Austin.
- In November David, his mom, his brother Mark and I went to Washington to visit David's grandparents (on his mom's side). We got an awesome deal on flights into Portland- his grandparents live in Washington like 15 minutes from the Portland airport (like $104 roundtrip per person! Crazy!). We had such a great time! David and I stayed at a Hilton hotel in a huge corner room that had windows that wrapped around half of the room. One side of the room had windows that overlooked the most gorgeous park and the other side had window that overlooked the river. SO beautiful! We played lots of Mexican Train with his grandparents and had so much fun talking with them and hearing lots of stories. One day David, Mark and I drove to Seattle and went sightseeing. We went up the spaceneedle, went to pike place market and ate the best chowder ever! I'm so glad that we got to make trip!
- The last day of our Washington trip we got back into Dallas at 6am (red eye = yuck!) and it was our 2nd wedding anniversary (11/12)! We went back to David's parents house and slept a few hours and then we drove back home. On the way home we ate at La Hacienda Ranch, where we had dinner on our first date. So sweet!
- We had Thanksgiving day in Dallas this year with David's family and Thanksgiving Friday at the ranch with my family. Lots of good food and relaxing with family. Much needed!
- Christmas was amazing too! My last day of work was the 21st and I don't go back until Monday (31st). Again, much needed. We had Christmas with my mom the weekend before Christmas, Christmas at Uncle Glenn and Aunt Clairice's the 23rd, relaxed Christmas Eve at Momo and De's and then went to Candlelight service at church, had Christmas morning at our house!- loved it so much!, then at 11am Christmas morning we drove to Dallas to have Christmas with David's family. And it began to snow just as we were driving into Dallas. I think David said we ended up getting 4 inches of snow at his parent's house. So neat! Then we had our traditional Christmas dinner with Jeremy and Lauren (usually it is on the 26th but we couldn't get out because of the ice so it was on the 27th). Then we drove back home yesterday (28th). It's been so busy! But I've been so thankful for the 9-12 hours of sleep I have gotten almost every night of my break :)
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and has a Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment