Sunday, September 25, 2011

Our lives lately :)

I realized that it has been quite a few weeks since I have posted :) Oops! When we started this blog I wanted to write once a week or whenever something incredible happened but I usually forget :) I'll try to be better.

This weekend we didn't do anything too interesting. I got sick last Thursday night so I've pretty much just been trying to relax and rest up for the new week.

On Friday I worked late and David played all day. He's so lucky! His company participated in a YMCA dragon boat race and other various competitions. They played human foosball, minute to win it, field polo while bouncing around on balls, dodgeball, etc. Needless to say, he had so much fun. I laughed so hard when he walked in the door with war paint on his face and a camou bandana around his head. Sad to say I didn't get a picture :(

On Saturday David had a shoot early so he went to that while slept in. He shot amazingly as usual and he placed 3rd. He shot 94 out of 100 targets. After that he picked me up and took me to lunch at Olive Garden (yum) and then to Ross to get a few discount games/activities for work. My greatest find was a sesame street book set that had 12 books in it. There was a book about colors, shapes, counting, measurement, etc. Pretty much amazing. The set would probably be 30 dollars or so in regular stores but I got it for 6 dollars at Ross. Awesome!
David then went with a co-worker to buy corn and scout out where they are going to set up their blind on a piece of land they are selling for someone that they got permission to hunt on. David's dream! Heehee!
While he was out doing manly things, I was cleaning. I cleaned the apartment and then decided to reward myself by going shopping for a couple of fall decorations. I went to Hobby Lobby and Pier One. I got a fun rustic pumpkin, burnt orange place mats for the kitchen table (fall and UT decor in one!), a few orange and red candles to replace our normal candles in the living room, and a wrought iron rustic pumpkin to hang outside our door. I had so much fun looking at all of the stuff :)
Today we went to church and then my dad came over to watch football with David while I went grocery shopping for dinner. Pioneer Woman is once again my hero. I made pot roast, creamy mashed potatoes, a fresh green bean dish and then I made an apple streusel with vanilla ice cream for dessert. My momo and de also came over for dinner. And after dinner we played Wahoo. It's a marble game where you have a partner and you and your partner have get all of your marbles to home before the other team does. Momo and I are always on a team and David and De are on a team. The boys beat the girls all 3 games! I was not a happy camper!

Anyway that was our weekend :) Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment