Monday, August 29, 2011

Best. Birthday. Ever.

So I love birthdays. I know that many people don't like them because they mean we're getting older, but I LOVE my birthday! And I really think that I always will. This year my birthday was even better than usual. I mean probably even better that the birthday pictured below. I think I was like 6 or something. I remember just loving this birthday and not wanting to eat my birthday cake because it would ruin her dress :)




But this year...WOW! Thats really the only word I have to describe it.

So Thursday the was my true birthday but I like to celebrate for at least a week. But early in the week I began my birthday celebration by craving chocolate cake at like 10 at night. Enter best husband ever into the story. Upon my first whispering this desire he jumps up and leaves. He returns with a big chocolate fudge cake and chocolate cookie cupcakes to last me the week of chocolate cravings that I was bound to have.

Thursday morning David had to leave at 5 in morning to go out of town on business for the day. I didn't wake up until a few hours later and when I did I saw my first birthday surprise. He had hung a big Happy Birthday sign across the living room :)
At work my co-worker Heather and I both had a birthday last week so on Thursday we had a joint birthday party during lunch. During lunch my beautiful purple roses and chocolates were delivered from Mr. Amazing.


When I got off work I was told we were going to dinner but I wasn't told where we were going. My mom called my phone while we were driving and asked me for directions because she had gotten lost on the way to the restaurant so the secret was out :)
We ended up going to Johnny Carinos (my fav) and I was surprised to find that my family, my grandparents, Candi, Kristen, Kyle, Nikki, and Cory were also there!


It was so much fun! We then ate yummy food, super yummy cake...


I opened presents...


And I got an iPad!!!!!! :) :) :)

I have been not so subtly dropping hints the last few months that my life would not be complete without one :) So my parents, in-laws, grandparents and husband got me one :) I was so excited!

I was then told on the way home that we would be leaving at 930 the next morning (I took off work Friday).

We woke up Friday morning and David made me a wonderful breakfast (his special cheesy eggs, sausage, and raspberries). He told me to dress comfortably and then we were on our way! We drove into Houston and arrived at the downtown aquarium. I have always wanted to go there! We walked around and looked at the different exhibits and then rode the FERRISWHEEL! I love ferriswheels :)




And this was the white tiger. He looked like he wanted to eat us!


And this was my favorite fish. It looked like it was wearing lipstick :)



After the morning of fun we got back on the rode and David said that we were going back home. We grabbed lunch at Raising Cane's (david knows im addicted to the chicken finger sauce and their tea) and then I was told that we were in a hurry. I was instructed to pack a bag with 2 casual outfits, a dressy outfit and swim suit. Hmmmm...

We got home, packed, and drove a few hours until we made it to...

AUSTIN!!!!!!! My favorite place :)

And then we arrived at...










EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! That's a huge squeal of excitement and that's exactly what I did as we pulled into the resort! I have dreamt of staying here forever!
We got settled into our fabulous room and then I was told that we had dinner and then another surprise after :)

He took me to dinner at Abuelos and then to see the new Anne Hathaway movie. Just a warning in case any of you were interested in seeing it, don't. It was horrible and we laughed and made several attempts to leave throughout the entire movie. It was awful! LOL




The next morning we drove to Rudy's and ate yummy breakfast tacos and then drove back and hung out at the resort.



We played mini golf :)



 And we couldn't find a pencil to write on the score card with so David suggested we use the camera and take a picture after every hole to keep our score.

Here's my hole-in-one!


We then walked around some more, took silly pictures, and ate lunch.



 I was then informed that I had another surprise at 2. As I was playing on David's and trying to guess my next surprise, an alarm reminder thing that he had set popped upon his phone. It said... Massage at 2. Hahahahahaha! I then passed the phone back to a very upset husband knowing that his surprise was ruined :) heehee!

After the most glorious massages in the entire universe, we got ready for my special dinner. David took me this wonderful place...


 
SUPER GOOD!!! And super pretty views!



So I guess we were acting lovey dovey like usual and the waitress thought we were out for our anniversary! She sent this over to our table. It was too funny!



We then went back to the resort, went swimming, and I went to sleep while David continued his addiction of playing Angry Birds on my iPad :)

Sunday morning we woke up and began to pack to leave our wondrous resort :(
We got kolaches on our way out and then I took David to the church that I went to while I was at UT. Austin Stone :) I loved it and I am currently planning how I can move back go Austin so I can go back to that church.

We then drove home...and shared a fantastical chocolate peanut butter banana shake along the way :)




Once we got home, I opened my last present...



All of the seasons of Bones! My favorite show! Heehee!

So as I look back on my birthday this year I further realize how incredibly blessed I am. I am blessed to have such amazing family, friends and co-workers that are so wonderful to me. I love all of you and thank you for making my birthday special :)

And a special thank you to my beyond perfect husband. Every day of my life is so much sweeter because I get to share it with him :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE birthdays!!! Tell David to expect a call from my hubby in May asking for advice ;) -Peyton

    ReplyDelete